Fitness Blogger Rebecca Burger Killed In Whipped Cream Incident
Fitness Blogger Rebecca Burger Killed In Whipped Cream Canister Explosion
Paris, France – Popular fitness blogger, Rebecca Burger, was killed Saturday, June 17, by an exploding canister of whipped cream, according to USA Today.
Burger was a fitness, travel, and fashion ‘enthusiast’, and had thousands of followers on Facebook and Instagram.
This particular lot of whipped cream canisters was withdrawn from the general market in 2013. The prosecutor’s office in the city of Mulhouse is conducting the investigation into Burger’s death, and whether ‘a faulty siphon on a high-pressure container used to make and dispense whipped cream was to blame’
According to 60 Million Consumers, a consumer magazine, Burger was hit ‘violently’ in the thorax by the exploding container, which led to her going into cardiac arrest. It also said that it had been warning for years about the risks from these canisters, after multiple incidents were reported to have occurred.
“This is an example of the whipped cream siphon that exploded and hit Rebecca’s thorax, leading to her death,” her family wrote under a photo of a metal device, according to CNN. “To be clear: The dispenser that led to her death was sealed. Do not use this type of utensil! Tens of thousands of defective devices are still out there.”
According to Ard’time, the manufacturer of the product, the product has not been on the market since 2013. Products were pulled from the shelves during the recall, and the company destroyed what they had.
The company said that the first incident of an exploding canister was reported in 2010. Benjamin Douriez, the deputy editor of the consumer magazine, said that 60 incidents had been reported so far since 2010, and that Buger’s death was the first reported death. He said, “We knew it would happen one day.”